Local information for Dent and it's surroundings.
- Yorkshire Dales National Park
The official web site for tourist information about the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
- Dalenet,..the internet gateway to the Dales
A wide ranging selection of Yorkshire Dales related items.
- The Yorkshire Dales (www.yorkshire-dales.com)
A website providing a host of information about the Yorkshire Dales, including landscape, geology, geography, facilities for the disabled, tourist attractions, long distance walks, accommodation, eating out, travel information, local art and photography, local culture and events.
- The Yorkshire Dales Society
The Yorkshire Dales Society is an independent charity which has been operating to protect, conserve and promote the Dales for 25 years. It provides a voice for people who care about the Dales to be heard at local and national level, enabling them to be represented in local consultations, planning and decision making.
- The Dales Way
This long distance footpath of about 80 miles (129 km) from Ilkley to Bowness-on-Windermere passes through nearby Dentdale and the Lune Valley. By following as far as possible riverside paths, it offers a scenically attractive route from urban West Yorkshire to the Lake District, which any reasonably fit family can undertake in a week's holiday.
- The Sedbergh & District History Society
The Society was founded in 1980 and now has members throughout the world. Its aims are to study, research, publish and stimulate interest in history, mainly in the history of the local area. The Society maintains an archive in the Sedbergh Community Office, this contains much information of interest to people researching the history of the area or their local family history.
- Old Photographs from Francis Frith and Co.
A collection of old photographs of Sedbergh and District dating back to 1890 can be browsed and purchased from in the Francis Frith web archive.
- The Ingleton Branch of the North Western Railway
An account of the history of the line from the abandoned first proposal in 1854 and subsequent re-introduction and opening in 1862 through to it's final closure in 1967.